Thursday 2 January 2014

What A Queer Incident..!!



     This is my first article and I always wanted to project a bold, fresh perspective on things even if it garnered criticisms and remarks like ‘it’s the new age youth’s thinking’, ‘carefree attitude’ or ‘recklessness and western outlook’. However, according to me it is nothing but a rationally logical and liberal thinking. Here goes my article on the recent section 377 that caught furor like a rolling ball of fire!



     It was the infamous 11th December 2013 (11-12-13), when section 377 was re-instated! I was stuck in FC lecture and ma’am was babbling on ‘Human Rights’. How ironical!

     Hearing the word ‘human rights’ my mind had drifted off to another boring lecture, another sleep controlling hard attempts at staying awake, another dimly lit class on the second floor of my classes some years back. The class was stacked full with budding yet naive 15 year olds. Very soon, their pheromones and testosterones would be all over the place getting the better of their emotions! There, sitting beside me across the aisle, was this hep girl (like any other girl of her age), who was least interested and staring at every possible nook and cranny of the class! To be honest, I was a little conscious thinking she might check me out too in one of her ‘nook and cranny endeavors’ and I wanted to sit in the right position to come across with the ‘hunky and manly’ appeal yet peak at her now and then without her notice! Who doesn't do that at that age?

     The teacher’s tormenting babble was over and we were given a short break. I knew I had to talk to her now before she gets up and goes. “Hi,” I said.

“Hi,” she replied.

“I know you are a lesbian,” I said with an unquivering voice and smile on my face to come across as confident, though I thought I would be replied with a slap!

“What?” she roared.

“I said I know you are a lesbian,” I repeated again. Like this was any easier for me! I shouldn't have been over smart enough to bring this up I wondered!

“What the fuck dude, you don’t even know me! And what makes you say that?,” she demanded.

“I know you enough to say you are a lesbian. In this two hours of harassing lecture, you didn't even notice ‘any guys’; not even me,” I said, to which she rolled her eyes and looked amazed that I was tracking her eye movements. I continued, “You instead checked out some three girls sitting in front of you and couldn't take your eyes off one!”




     She looked around suddenly with a pensive look crossing her face (to my relief, it meant I might be right) and spoke softly yet firmly, “get over yourself, narcissist! Stop stalking me. I am not presumptuous and uncouth like you. Even you were noticing that guy who entered late. So, does that make you bisexual?”

“Whoa, two new words I learned today! So, you did notice me. Maybe, you are a bisexual after all,” I said with a smirk.

“Maybe,” she replied back with a smirk, making my conviction only stronger! We both started laughing; and that’s how our lifelong friendship started!

     
I was hauled back to our class with a screeching bell to say the lecture was over. I let out a sigh of relief and packed my bag to rush to Azad Maidan where my ‘maybe’ lesbian friend was waiting for me!


-TO BE CONTINUED-

No comments:

Post a Comment